An introduction to restorative approaches
Ever wondered what this thing ‘restorative’ is all about? Have people in your setting started using the word ‘restorative’ and you feel like you need a bit more information before you decide if it's for you or your school? Are you looking for a theory and a way of doing stuff that puts relationships at the centre?
Peacemakers is running a one-day introductory course where you will be introduced to:
- Underlying theory, philosophy and values of restorative practice;
- Some of the language and questions and ways of thinking that form part of a restorative way of working;
- Some of the key skills needed to carry out safe and effective restorative practice in your setting.
This course will help you to:
- Improve your communication, problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Increase your knowledge and understanding of restorative practices.
- Apply restorative thinking and language in to your daily work.
- Sort out minor problems in the classroom and on the playground/ in the lunch hall.
- Help children develop empathy and build relationships with one another.
- Support others who are developing restorative practices for the school.
Cost: £50 per person. Please download a booking form from our website www.peacemakers.org.uk. Refreshments will be provided but please bring your own lunch.
Birmingham, B14 5RY
Member Event info